Our VR Alpine Light Jacket is always in its element. With fast-wicking liner, breathable softshell and easy-vent chest pockets, it brings you all-day mountain dryness, however intense it gets.
As the middle of our three new Vapour-Rise™ layers, the VR Alpine Light Jacket strikes the perfect balance between insulation, breathability and protection. It uses a shell made from lightweight Pertex® Quantum Air, alongside a combination of VR Wicking and VR Airflow polyester linings to transport excess moisture away from the body. It then creates a thermoregulating ‘microclimate’ between the layers, which keeps the wearer warm as well as dry. In addition to a belay-friendly double-ended front zip, the VR Alpine Light Jacket features a pair of oversized zipped chest pockets for additional venting and a lightweight elasticated hood and cuffs to help keep the weight down to just 312g.
Our VR Alpine Light Jacket’s approach to insulation is built on two years of applied field testing with the Association of Mountaineering Instructors. Warm, dry and uniquely versatile, it is an all-weather mountain layer you need never take off.
• Body mapped fast-wicking lining for comfort
• Lightweight elasticated hood for protection
• Wind resistant and highly breathable Pertex Quantum Air shell fabric
• YKK® oversize chest pockets provide storage and venting
• YKK vislon double ended full length front zip
• Lightweight elasticated cuffs and adjustable hem
• Main Fabric: Pertex Quantum Air, 37g/m², with DWR. Air Perm; 10-15cfm
• Lining: VR Wicking (102g/m²), with VR Airflow (75g/m²)
• Composition: 100% polyamide outer with 100% polyester lining (55% recycled) and 100% polyester mesh
• Fit: Regular
• Weight: 312g/11oz
• Product Code: QVR-69
The Rab Vapour-Rise™ system provides superior levels of comfort and protection in softshell garments. Vapour-Rise™ balances wicking, warmth, and wind resistance to maintain a comfortable micro-climate within the garment suitable for a wide range of activity levels and weather conditions. It is best worn either next to skin, or more commonly over a wicking base layer. A micro-pile inner effectively wicks moisture away from the skin, and a Pertex® Equilibrium outer draws this moisture to the outside of the fabric where it dries quickly. The outer is also wind resistant and the DWR finish sheds rain and snow.