Inspired by the demands of big wall climbing, the Borealis Jacket is our lightest softshell, combining wind resistance, high breathability and a small packsize. The perfect climber's piece, it's as at home on a windy crag as it is high up the climbing wall.
The Borealis Jacket is made with lightweight and stretchy Matrix™fabric, allowing complete freedom of movement. Designed for use on long multi-pitch routes where the weather can be variable, while features like the YKK front zip with chin guard and half hem drawcord offer adaptability and shelter from the wind as conditions vary. The two YKK® zipped, mesh-lined Napoleon chest pockets ensure access to the essentials when wearing a harness.
Our lightest softshell jacket, the Borealis Jacket is wind resistant and highly breathable; it does everything you need it to, in one tiny package.
• Low profile, under-helmet hood with lycra binding
• YKK® VISLON front zip with chin guard
• Lightweight Matrix™ single weave with 2-way stretch and DWR
• 2 YKK® zipped, mesh-lined pockets, left side doubles as integrated stuff sack
• Lycra bound cuffs
• Half hem drawcord
• Reflective branding
Matrix™ is a family of fabrics developed by Rab. Designed for durability and comfort, they offer wind resistance, weather protection and breathability. Perfect for all weather conditions and are fast drying.
• Fit: Regular
• Outer Fabric: Fabric Outer - Matrix™:,DWR (C6) 80/20,10cfm,130 g/m²,90d/90d,85% nylon 6 15% elastane
• Weight: 240g / 8.4oz
• Product Code: QWS-39