The OLAS tag is a compact, ‘Smart’, man overboard system. It can be easily attached to adults, children, pets and objects such as overboard floatation devices. The tags connect to the OLAS application on a mobile device.
Within 8 seconds of the man overboard incident occurring, the OLAS mobile application technology detects a break in its ‘virtual tether’ to the tag. The mobile phone(s) then sound a loud alarm, alerting crew to the fact someone is overboard. OLAS then aids the crew with the MOB recovery, clearly directing them to the GPS location where the MOB occurred with clear visual signals and bearing data. OLAS stores all location data and time of incident required by the rescue services.
Now available as a fully integrable option into the ErgoFit+ lifejacket (available March) – taking man overboard technology to the next level
- The longest battery life - 4 months
- The most versatile attachment solution - Watch, lifejacket, MOB
- device with 1 strap
- Cost effective crew tag and portable man overboard alarm
- Additional navigation features including SOG, COG, bearing to waypoint, course to steer and a compass
- Connect up to 6 tags to 1 phone or tablet
- Connect 1 tag to multiple phones / tablets
- Low battery alert