Ultra-light and compact hyperstatic cord, designed for skiers doing crevasse rescue, rappelling or roping up on a glacier to traverse a crevasse zone.
Designed for skiers, the RAD LINE 6 mm is an ultra-light and compact cord for crevasse rescue, rappelling or roping up on a glacier to traverse a crevasse zone. It is hyperstatic and flexible, and features a rough-textured sheath, for excellent handling and easy manipulation. It is available in two lengths: 30 and 60 meters.
- Ultra-light and compact:
- only 22 grams per meter
- lightweight and compact, making it easy to carry in a backpack
- Specific sheath construction:
- compatible with the TIBLOC ascender and MICRO TRAXION progress-capture pulley, thanks to the specific HMPE-reinforced sheath
- flexible cord with rough-textured sheath for excellent handling and improved descent control when rappelling, and to aid in braking when arresting a crevasse fall
- cord elongation of less than 2 %, to facilitate and improve efficiency of rescue maneuvers, and also to eliminate the yo-yo effect during rappels or fall arrest in a crevasse
- allows a skier to rope up in order to traverse a crevasse zone
Note: a precise description of the possible uses for this cord is found in the Technical tips at www.petzl.com.
- Diameter: 6 mm
- Weight per meter: 22 g
- Material(s): high-modulus polyethylene (HMPE), polyester, nylon
- Certification(s): CE EN 564
- Static elongation: less than 2 %